Monday, July 15, 2013

7.15.13

Also here is a picture of an Alpaca that spit on me immediate after this photo.
This week was fantastic, actually this week was horrible save for the most spiritual experience I have had on my mission thus far.

We are teaching a less active family, E..... (member) her husband, H,...... (nonmember) and little J......
H..... in the past has never accepted missionaries into his home or his restaurant but for some reason or another my companion and I have become very good friends with him and his extended family included. We are pensioned at their restaurant this month and the food is fantastic. On Tuesday we had eaten dinner together and talked about the mission and how it has changed us, nothing too deep or spiritual. Later, I went to help H...... wash dishes and clean up while my companion played with J...... and kept him occupied. While washing dishes, we started to converse about how God can help us change our character and our natural man. What followed was the literal conversion of a man. The spirit entered the kitchen and while washing dishes testified of the truthfulness of our message to the willing and humble heart of H....... As I testified of the power of the atonement and repentance,  tears began to roll from both of our eyes.

H....´s heart was changed in that very moment. I know that this gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ has the power to change the hearts of the hardest men. The converting power of the Holy Ghost is real, and while as missionaries we don't see a lot of the results of our labor, I know that there are fruits to be harvested. H..... built and confirmed my testimony of the Work.

Exchanges are in two weeks, and I want to see my new friend enter the waters of baptism more. Something our Mission president taught us, is that Christ always acted out of love. And for the first time,
I feel that i am acting out of love and less out of duty. I love my new friend. I know that the Savior Loves everyone of his children and we can be tools in his hands if we but humble ourselves. I can testify of these thing, and I do in the name of my Redeemer, Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment